1871 The Seymour Library Association is formed.
1892 The Seymour Library and Reading Room Association is established on the 2nd floor of the Old Town Hall on Second Street.
The Association dissolves. Its property is given to the town for the Seymour Free Public Library.
1910 General Charles H. Pine donates $1,000 to the library.
1914 Mr. Charles Bennett Wooster of New Haven leaves a trust of $55,000 to the library. This endowment is in use to this day.
Mr. Henry P. Day and Mr. Edmund Day present a colonial brick building on Broad St. to the town for use as the new Library. The building is not used until the winter of 1916.
1955 The Broad St. Seymour Public Library is destroyed by the August flood of 1955.
In November, Mr. Bernard H. Matthies donates the use of the Aresthusa Spring Water Co. on Pearl St. as a temporary location for the library.
1956 In June, at the annual town meeting, former State Rep. Bernard H. Matthies donates close to 5 acres of land for a new Seymour Public Library on the west side of Church St.
1958 The Seymour Public Library moves into its new and current home on Church St.
1970 The Friends of the Seymour Public Library group is established.
1992 Seymour Public Library celebrates its 100 year anniversary.
1992-1994 The Seymour Public Library gets an expansion.
1996 Henry H. Hamel leaves a large trust to the library.
The Seymour Public Library Today